Registration for the October 2014 traineeship session is now open.
What’s in it for you?
A paid traineeship of 5 months with the European Commission (or some executive bodies and agencies of the European Institutions like, for instance, the European External Action Service or Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation), starting on either 1st March or 1st October.
You will receive a monthly grant of some €1,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses. Accident and health insurance can also be provided.
Every year, there are about 1.400 places available.
If you are one of the selected candidates you get hands-on experience in the international and multicultural environment. This can be an important enrichment for your further career.
What’s the work like?
Trainees work all over the European Commission. The content of the job largely depends on the service you are assigned to. You may work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy … Your daily work will mainly consist of:
- attending and organising meetings, working groups, forums, public hearings,
- researching and compiling documentation, reports, consultations; answering queries,
- running projects.
What does the traineeship offer?
- EU knowledge – insight into the processes and policies of the European Institutions,
- practical experience – an opportunity to play a part in the Commission’s day-to-day business,
- opportunity to put academic theory into practice.
What do we expect from you?
- openness to European matters,
- willingness to learn about the Commission’s working methods,
- contribution to our everyday work with a fresh point of view,
- proactive attitude.
Other types of traineeships at the European Commission:
Traineeships in other institutions:
@European Commission - Traineeships Office
- APPLICATIONS closed
- PRE-SELECTION: terminated
- SELECTION: December 2013
Sending of offers: start mid-January 2014
- TRAINEESHIP: March 2014
- APPLICATIONS: from 6th January 2014 in the afternoon until 3rd February 2014 at noon(UTC/GMT +01:00)